Sometimes, when you close your register, it may fail to post to Xero. Our Support Team can help you to identify why this has happened, but sometimes, it may take a while for us to be able to fix this for you.
If you need to post your closure to Xero immediately, you are able to complete a manual register closure posting in Xero.
Posting your register closure to Xero:
- In Vend, open the Register Closure reports page.
You will need to note the following:
- The reference number for the failed register closure (#)
- The date and time of the register closure
- The total sales taken (not including any On Account sales), and the total for each payment type.
You will need to decide how you'd like to post your register closure. The easiest way to post the closure is to use the total sales amount. However, if you want to post totals by product, or by sale, you will need to run a product sales report, or click the "View full details" button on the register closure summary.
In Xero, choose the 'Sales' option from the Account drop-down menu.
- Click the arrow for the 'New' button, and choose 'Invoice'.
Fill in the invoice fields as follows. You can use a previous register closure report as an example:
To: [store name] - [outlet name]
Date: Date of your register closure
Due Date: Date of your register closure
Reference: Reference number from the register closure
Fill in the invoice items either with your total sales, or by product if you prefer.
- Click 'Approve'. Xero will now create the invoice.
- Add a payment for each payment type. This should pay your invoice entirely.