- To receive a partial order of stock in Retail POS, navigate to Inventory > Stock control.
- Select Sent orders in the Show drop-down menu and click Update to locate and open the order.
- Click the Receive link to the right of the order row.
- Scroll down to the Products section and enter the number in the Received quantity field.
- At the top right, click Save to update the order and then click Receive to complete the partial order.
- Confirm by clicking Receive order.
- Next, you're presented with the option to either close the order or create a new partial order.
Create a new partial order
If you choose to create a new partial order, Retail POS will automatically create a new order and mark it as sent. The original order will be marked as received. When the rest of the stock comes in you can receive the stock against this newly created partial order.
Close the order
If you choose to close the order, the order will be received and closed. No edits can be made to it after this stage so when the rest of the stock comes in you will need to create a new order.