You can import products (including supply price and quantity) to a new or saved order from a CSV file.
This is a good way to quickly create a large purchase order, such as from a data file created by a handheld inventory scanner.
How do I do this?
1. Create your CSV file.
You need to set up a CSV file with your order items. Download an example CSV template below to get you started, or create a CSV file in your spreadsheet software (like Excel, or Google Docs) with 4 column headers:
- Handle [Optional field] - the product handle (must match an existing product in Vend)
- SKU [Mandatory field] - the product SKU (must match an existing product in Vend)
- supply_price [Optional field] - the per-item supply price
- Quantity [Mandatory field] - the quantity of each item ordered
Add your products to your CSV file. To make this easier, you can export a CSV list of product SKU and handles, filtered by tag, supplier or name.
- You can only import 800 lines in a order
- If you have selected a supplier for your order, all the products imported must have the same supplier as the supplier selected.
2. Import your CSV file
- Create a purchase order or a stock transfer
- Choose the supplier (or leave as 'any supplier')
- Click 'Choose file' and select your saved CSV file.
Once you have saved the order, imported items will appear on the next screen:
To import items in a CSV file to an existing supplier order or stock transfer: Select a previously saved order or stock transfer, from the main 'Stock Control' tab. On the next screen is an 'Import' button. Click this and follow the steps to import products to the order.
What happens if I add a product that is not from the supplier selected in my order?
If you include a product that's from an incorrect supplier, when we import your CSV file, we will delete this item.
What happens if I add a product but don't tell you what the supply price is?
If you don't specify a supply price for an order, we will use the supply price on the product page for that product.
What happens if I add a product and tell you the supply price is different to the supply price on the product page?
The product will be added to your order, and the supply price you tell us will be used for that order. Don't worry, this doesn't change the price on your product page - just for this order and will be used for reporting later on.
What happens if I add the same product twice to my CSV file with a different supply price?
We'll assume you're getting it at two different supply price levels, and add it as two different items to your order at each supply price.
What happens if I add the same product twice to my CSV file with the same supply price?
We'll assume you made a mistake and add all the quantities together so you only have the product listed once.
Note: it is not possible to import items to an order after it has been marked as 'sent'.