Setting up your product catalog well is a great way to ensure the success of your store. A well set up product catalog makes for an efficient sales process, accurate reporting and better inventory management.
The first step to achieving this, is to add your products correctly.
There are two methods for adding products into Vend. You can either add products individually, or use a spreadsheet to import them in bulk.
1. Add products individually
There are three different types of products that can be added to your store individually:
- Standard Product:
- single product with a single SKU and its own inventory.
- How to add a Standard Product
- Product with Variants
- group of similar products that are offered in different variations, such as size or color — each variant is a unique SKU with its own inventory
- How to add a Product with Variants
- Composite Product
- package different products together and create a p product bundle, multi-pack, or fractional products
- How to add a Composite Product
2. Bulk importing products
Using a spreadsheet (CSV, XLSX or XLS) to format product data quickly, you can easily import products into your Vend store in bulk.
To learn how to compile an import spreadsheet and import products in bulk, refer to our How to bulk import products guide.