Important: Some Dymo Label Printers manufactured after April 2014 will require an update from Dymo to work with USB 3.0 ports. To learn more about this click the link here.
Before Getting Started:
Before printing from your Dymo, make sure you have the correct Label sizes supported with Vend. While Dymo supports a range of different label sizes we recommend 11352 Dymo labels.
Looking for Mac instructions? Head over to this article here.
Follow the below instructions to get your printer set up and ready to start printing barcode labels with Vend.
There are 3 steps:
1. Install the DYMO printer software
2. Set the print preferences in Windows
3. Select the label printing format in Vend.
Install the DYMO printer software (drivers)
The DYMO printer requires special printing drivers in order to print. Once we've installed them, we will be printing labels directly from Vend.
1. Download the software from DYMO's website.
2. Open the downloaded software, and follow the DYMO Setup Wizard to install the software.
3. Connect your DYMO label Printer directly to your computer via the USB cable provided.
4. Load your labels into your printer. For instructions on how to do this, please check your DYMO 450 Turbo instruction manual.
Don't have your instruction manual? Download it from the 'Manuals' tab on the Dymo website here.
Setting the print preferences in Windows
1. Open the Start menu and and navigate to the 'Control Panel'.
2. Locate the 'Devices and Printers' icon and open this.
3. Right click on the DYMO printer and select 'Printer Properties'.
4. In the Printer Properties window, click 'Preferences' at the bottom and then 'Advanced' on the right.
5. This will open a window that shows the below settings. This allows you to verify that the paper is set to the same type of label you loaded earlier.
Select the label printing format in Vend
Important: Printing Jewellery labels from Vend is not currently supported.
The DYMO 450 Turbo is a continuous printing format printer. To get your labels to print correctly, Vend needs to know this format. To set this up, follow the steps below:
1. Navigate to the Setup page.
2. On the General Setup tab, click the 'Label Printer Format' dropdown box.
3. Select 'Continuous feed', and click 'Save'.
Printing a Label in Vend
1. To print a label in Vend, go to your Vend store and choose the product to print a barcode for. Choose your label type and click on print.
2. In the Chrome Print Preview screen, click more settings and select the 'Paper Size' dropdown.
3. Find your label size code (or nearest label size code) here and click print.
Important: We strongly recommend printing out a run of 5 or more barcodes as a test to ensure that the alignment is correct.
Looking to print a bulk run of labels? Click here to learn how.
You can also print labels for individual products by using the 'Print Label' button on an individual product page.