Tyro Credit, Debit and PayPass™ payments in Vend on iPad, Mac or PC
Don't yet have a Tyro terminal?
Visit tyro.com to learn how to sign up for Tyro and rent your EFTPOS terminal.
Tyro provides both in-store and mobile payment solutions that work with your Vend store on iPad, Mac and Windows.
Important: If you are using an iPad you will have to enable Tyro cookies in the iOS system settings. To do this, go to Settings ->Safari -> Block Cookies -> Never on your iPad.
What do you need?
To use integrated payments with Tyro, you'll need to:
Be an Australian Vend customer
How is it set up?
Prepare the Tyro Terminal
Wireless models: Turn the terminal on. Then, go to step 3 of the counter-top setup.
1. Plug in the USB cable (for USB models)
2. Plug in the ethernet cable to your router
3. On the terminal, press the Menu button and find and open the Integrated EFTPOS menu.
4. Enter your admin PIN (which you can get from Tyro) and select Clear Pairings. You are now ready to pair your terminal.
Add the payment type
1. Under your Vend Setup menu, navigate to the Payment Types page.
2. Click Add Payment Type.
3. From the payment type drop-down, select Tyro.
4. On the next page, you may edit the name of your payment type. Scroll down to the Pair Payment Terminal section and click Connect a Terminal.
5. Select your Payment Terminal model and follow the onscreen instructions.
Pair the Tyro Terminal with Vend
Important: Each terminal must be paired with the browser that will be using it.
If you are using Vend and Tyro, on a Mac or PC, follow the steps below to pair your Tyro terminal to your computer.
Using an iPad? Click here to learn how to pair your Tyro terminal with Vend on your iPad
You will need:
- Your admin PIN, which you can get from Tyro.
- Your Tyro terminal and Vend to be connected to the same network.
Choose your Tyro terminal type, and on your terminal:
1. Hit the Menu button.
2. Navigate to and open the Integrated EFTPOS menu.
3. Select Authorise POS. A Merchant ID (MID) and Terminal ID (TID) will appear on the screen.
4. In Vend, input the Merchant ID (MID) and Terminal ID (TID). Click Authorise.
5. Wait a few seconds, then hit Start on the terminal. This will pair the Tyro terminal with your Vend account. Click OK on the popup message in Vend.
6. This will take you back to the payment set-up page. Click Save Payment Type.
If you would like to test the payment settings, edit the payment type and click the configure Tyro link again. Choose I know what I'm doing, and click the Test button.
If you are using an iPad with Vend and Tyro, follow the steps below to pair your Tyro terminal to your iPad.
1. Open the side-menu again and this time navigate to Settings -> Hardware.
2. Under Tyro, click Pair Terminal.
3. Choose your device and on the terminal: - Hit the Menu button - Input your admin PIN (provided by Tyro) - Navigate to 'Configuration' and open the Integrated EFTPOS menu. - Select Authorise POS or Pair with POS. A Merchant ID (MID) and Terminal ID (TID) will appear on the screen.
4. On Vend, input the Merchant ID (MID) and Terminal ID (TID). Click Authorise.
5. Wait a few seconds, then hit start on the terminal. This will pair the Tyro terminal with your Vend account. Click OK on the popup message in Vend.
6. You can also choose to print your Tyro payment receipts via the inbuilt Tyro terminal printer or print them with your regular thermal printer. This setting only applies to EFTPOS receipts, not your normal Vend receipts. You can toggle this on and off from the Settings - Hardware screen in Vend.
By default, refunds are disabled on Tyro payment terminals. You'll need to enable these before you're able to complete a refund in Vend. This process will need to be completed on each Tyro terminal.
To enable refunds, open the menu, and select Configuration.
Choose the Refunds option and enable refunds. You'll need to enter your Refund password. If you haven't set a refund password on your Tyro terminal, this will be your Tyro admin password. If you don't remember this, contact Tyro customer support on 1300 966 639.
Once refunds are enabled, you'll be able to process refunds from your Vend store.