Get started with Tyro!
Accept Credit, Debit and PayPass™ on iPad, Mac or PC
Vend is the leading cloud-based and iPad retail point of sale in Australia. Now, by integrating Tyro Payments, you can accept credit cards, debit cards and PayPass™ (Tap & Go) quickly and seamlessly, on iPad, Macbook or PC.
Tyro, Australia's only independent EFTPOS provider, provides integrated payments processing and merchant services. Tyro provides you with an EFTPOS terminal and processes your payments. It works with your existing transactional bank account. Learn more about Tyro here.
Tyro provides both in-store and mobile payment solutions that work with Vend cloud-based point of sale on an:
- iPad - with the new iOS7 you will have to enable Tyro cookies in the iOS system settings. Go to Settings ->Safari -> Block Cookies -> Never.
At the end of day, you can close your register and automatically post all your POS sales and payments information to Xero online accounting software, to reconcile against overnight bank feeds and Tyro EFTPOS transactions
Sign up for a free 30 day trial of Vend to find out more. No credit card required.
What do you need?
To use integrated payments with Tyro, you'll need to:
Be an Australian Vend customer
How is it set up?
- Under your Vend Setup menu, navigate to the Payment Types page.
- Click 'New Payment Type'.
- From the payment type dropdown, choose 'Tyro' and give your payment type a name, for example 'Card' or 'EFTPOS'.
- Save the payment type.
Wireless models: Turn the terminal on. Then, go to step 3 of the counter-top setup.
- Plug in the USB cable (for USB models)
- Plug in the ethernet cable to your router
- On the terminal, press the 'Menu' button and find and open the 'Integrated EFTPOS' menu.
- Enter your admin PIN (which you can get from Tyro) and select 'Clear Pairings'. You are now ready to pair your terminal.
By default, refunds are disabled on Tyro payment terminals. You'll need to enable these before you're able to complete a refund in Vend. This process will need to be completed on each Tyro terminal.
To enable refunds, open the menu, and select 'Configuration'.
Choose the 'Refunds' option and enable refunds. You'll need to enter your Refund password. If you haven't set a refund password on your Tyro terminal, this will be your Tyro admin password. If you don't remember this, contact Tyro customer support on 1300 966 639.
Once refunds are enabled, you'll be able to process refunds from your Vend store.
3. Pair the Tyro Terminal with your browser
IMPORTANT: Each terminal must be paired with the browser that will be using it.
This will open a pop-up window with terminal configuration instructions. You will need:
- Your admin PIN, which you can get from Tyro.
- Your Tyro terminal and Vend to be connected to the same network.
- Choose your device, and on the terminal:
- Hit the 'Menu' button.
- Navigate to and open the 'Integrated EFTPOS' menu.
- Select 'Authorise POS'. A Merchant ID (MID) and Terminal ID (TID) will appear on the screen.
- In Vend, input the Merchant ID (MID) and Terminal ID (TID). Click 'Authorise'.
- Wait a few seconds, then hit 'start' on the terminal. This will pair the Tyro terminal with your Vend account. Click 'OK' on the popup message in Vend.
- This will take you back to the payment set-up page. Click 'Save'.
If you would like to test the payment settings, edit the payment type and click the 'configure Tyro' link again. Choose 'I know what I'm doing', and click the 'Test' button.