There are two different types of payments in Vend. Integrated and Non-Integrated payments.
Integrated payments are when Vend automatically pushes the sale total to the card terminal and receives an approval or decline response back to close the sale.
All integrated payments will require a stable internet connection in order to process sales seamlessly
Vend will create a Cash and a Credit Card payment type as a default. Other payment types that will appear as standard buttons on your payment page include; On-Account, Layby, Loyalty and Store Credit.
You may also enable Gift Cards, as an additional payment type to be displayed on your register.
Add a Payment Type
1. To add a payment type, navigate to Payment Types in the Setup menu. Click on Add Payment Type.
2. A drop-down menu will appear and display the payment types available in your region.
3. Click on the payment type you want to set up. Another window will open, asking if you have details related to the payment type you want to set up.
- If you do not, click Find out more for more information on how to sign up.
- If you do have the required information, click on Begin Setup.
These screens will differ based on the payment type you have chosen. Click the links below for more information about the payment type you want to set up.
4. This will take you to a new page where you will then be able to set your payment type up and choose a name which will be displayed on your register.
Click the links below to learn more about what payment types are supported in your region:
2. Non-Integrated/Manual Card Payments
If you do not want to use any of the above payment types, you can use a non-integrated card payment.
Non-integrated card payments require you to type the payment amount into the card terminal and confirm in Vend that the payment is accepted to close the sale.
Using Vend, you can use any credit card/EFTPOS card payment terminal as a non-integrated stand-alone terminal. To use this, create a button for the payment type by going to Setup -> Payment Types and selecting Add Payment Type.
You can even create more than one payment button for each payment type, for example, Credit Card - Visa, Credit Card - AMEX, Credit Card - Mastercard.
Once you've chosen and named your new payment type click Save Payment Type. A button will now appear for this payment type on the payment screen the next time you process a sale. You will then need to separately set up your card payment terminal using the directions that came with the terminal.
When the time comes to take payment, you can process the payment using the terminal and hit the corresponding payment button in Vend.
Vend's Gift Card feature allows you to issue gift cards to a customer and take payments using the gift cards you have issued. You will need to enable this feature on Vend. To learn how to setup and use gift cards, check out this article here.
Afterpay is a Buy now, Pay later feature that is available to Vend customers. For more information on taking payments with Afterpay, check out this article.
If integrated with Xero, you will need to map your payment types to Xero accounts.