Some products have different tax codes, for example fresh fruit and vegetables in some countries do not attract tax. This can be easily managed within Vend.
- Set up all required tax codes in Vend
- Choose the appropriate tax per product
When you set up your taxes, you will have chosen a default tax rate for each outlet in your store. You can override this for individual products.
Product variants must all have the same tax rate. If you change the individual tax rate on the product's main page (the parent product), all of the other variants will also be updated.
Update a single product
- On the product page, locate the product you want, and click 'edit'.
- Under pricing, click 'View taxes by outlet'
- Use the drop-down menus the correct tax rate for the product for each outlet.
Update multiple products
If you've got lots of products you need to update, you can update these using a CSV import.
Important: Individual Tax Rates and Xero
If you're using Xero, you may like to ensure the account you send sales of this product to has the same tax rate as the custom rate you've just set in Vend.