Before you start, we recommend exporting your product information to a CSV file so that you have a backup of your data.
There are two ways to change taxes in Vend.
- Edit the existing tax - This option is used when all products using the old tax rate will be using the new tax rate. This does not affect past sales in your store.
- Create a new tax and change some products to it - This option is used when you still need some products to use your existing tax rate. Create a new tax rate, and check out our article on bulk editing products using a CSV file for more information.
Edit and replace an existing tax rate
- On the Sales Taxes setup page, find the rate you wish to update, and click 'Edit'
- Type in the new rate.
- Click 'Save'. All existing products using that tax rate will be updated.
- Go to the sell screen, and click the status button to resync your data.
You may wish to check a number of products to ensure that this has happened successfully - check the correct tax name is being displayed and that the correct percentage tax is being applied.