For a business with more than one store, or with a warehouse, setting up additional outlets helps you to manage your inventory and track your sales effectively.
Why should I set up more outlets rather than registers?
When you set up your store's inventory, you'll be able to tell us how much stock you have in each outlet. This enables you to manage stock ordering, transferring, stock takes, and more.
Adding a new outlet
1. In the menu bar, click Setup.
2. Click Outlets and Registers.
3. Click Add Outlet in the top left of the page.
4. This will take you to the outlet setup page, here you will need to fill in your store or warehouse details.
5. For tax-exclusive retailers, select which tax rate you would like to use for this outlet.
6. Once you've entered your outlet's information, Click Add Outlet.
7. You will then be asked if you'd like to create this outlet with a register.
If this outlet is a store, select Add a register and continue to add your first register to this store.
If this outlet is a warehouse, click Continue Without a Register.
8. Name your new register. Remember, it's a good idea to name this something like '[Outlet Name] - Register 1'.
9. You'll then need to fill out the rest of your new register information. To learn more on how to do this, check out this article here.