For a business with more than one store, or with a warehouse, setting up additional outlets helps you to manage your inventory and track your sales effectively.
Why should I set up more outlets rather than registers?
When you set up your store's inventory, you will be able to tell us how much stock you have in each outlet. This enables you to manage stock ordering, transferring, stock takes, and more. Check out the video below to learn how to set up outlets and registers in Vend.
Adding a new outlet
1. In the menu bar, click Setup.
2. Click Outlets and Registers.
3. Click Add Outlet in the top left of the page.
4. This will take you to the outlet setup page, here you will need to fill in your store or warehouse details.
5. For tax-exclusive retailers, select which tax rate you would like to use for this outlet.
6. Once you've entered your outlet's information, Click Add Outlet.
7. You will then be asked if you'd like to create this outlet with a register.
If this outlet is a store, select Add a register and continue to add your first register to this store.
If this outlet is a warehouse, click Continue Without a Register.
8. Name your new register. Remember, it's a good idea to name this something like '[Outlet Name] - Register 1'.
9. You'll then need to fill out the rest of your new register information. To learn more on how to do this, check out this article here.
Please Note: On our latest Lite, Pro and Enterprise plan one free register is included per outlet. If you are using an outlet that does not require a register (e.g. a warehouse) then the included free register can be set up and used in any of your other outlets.
Your billing is based on the number of outlets and registers your account has, so make sure to delete outlets or registers not being used in your stores, as you will be charged for these.