The Vend-Shopify integration shares product, inventory, customer and sales information between both systems, simplifying daily operations by saving time on manual admin and double-entry. Information is kept up-to-date between your online and brick-and-mortar stores, so you can be confident that you will only sell stock you have.
- Once your Vend and Shopify accounts are connected, Vend becomes the system of record.
- You should manage your product catalogue, pricing and inventory information in Vend to ensure everything stays accurate and up-to-date.
- Shopify feeds important information back to Vend such as online sales, new customer or existing customer information associated with a sale, and inventory from a sale to keep stock levels in sync.
- Please click the following link for more on how to use the Shopify integration!
- For Vend users, the Shopify integration is only available on the Pro or Enterprise plan of our latest pricing. If you’re on the Lite plan, you’ll need to upgrade to connect your Vend store to Shopify.
- You will need your store URL and your login credentials to set up the Vend-Shopify integration.
- Make sure you have set up all the products you need before activating the Integration. If you have products on both platforms, make sure their SKUs and handles match.
- We recommend you take a back-up of any product data in either system before you begin. You can export your Vend products on the Product page and you can export your Shopify products on their Product page.
- Any third-party Shopify app that changes your prices, SKUs, or handles will cause problems. Please test this thoroughly before switching on another integration to your Shopify store when linked with Vend.
- We recommend creating a separate payment type just for Shopify orders.
- We recommend setting up a new register in Vend in the outlet you want to link to Shopify. This is because sales made in Shopify after you close your store’s register for the day will re-open the register. Setting up a separate register ensures all your reporting is clear.
1. In Vend, open the Setup page, and click Add-ons.
2. Find the Shopify add-on, and click Add to Vend.
3. Input your Shopify store URL. If you have your own domain (e.g. mystore.com) make sure you tell us your Shopify domain (e.g. mystore.shopify.com). Click Save.
4. If you're not already logged in to your Shopify store, you'll be asked to enter your Shopify log in credentials.
5. Then, you'll be able to pick how you set up your products:
- If you have products in BOTH systems and would like to link your products, click manage products manually, and then check out this article.
If ALL your products are in Vend, and you want them ALL in Shopify, click Publish ALL to Shopify.
If ALL your products are in Shopify (existing Shopify user), click Import ALL from Shopify.
- Any pictures attached to these Shopify products will not be carried across to Vend.
- If you have a high number of products, then it may take some time for these to appear in Vend due to how Shopify works with other systems.
If you only want to publish SOME of your Vend products to Shopify, select Manage products manually.
Selecting Manage products manually will take you to your product page to publish individual products. These can be published by clicking the grey Shopify logo. You will need to return to the Shopify settings page in Vend to complete your setup when you finish.
Once you select an option, your Shopify integration is live! From this point, there are still a number of things to configure. Head over to Settings -> Add-ons -> Shopify to continue!
Configuring the Shopify integration
Once you have gone to Settings -> Add-ons -> Shopify, a Product Tour should automatically play the first time you visit this page. This will be a guided tour within Vend of all the options on this page!
If you missed something on the tour the first time, no worries! You can re-visit the tour anytime by clicking the button below!
However, please note that the tour will not play without having gone through the setup steps in the previous section.CLICK HERE TO REPLAY THE TOUR!
Once on the settings page, follow the steps below to finish configuring the integration:
1. Choose which register you'd like us to record Shopify sales on or set up a new one specifically for Shopify.
2. Choose the payment type you'd like us to record your payments on. This could be your normal credit card type, or you might like to set up a separate payment type just for Shopify payments.
Shopify has a Product Vendor field. This field is shown on your Shopify webstore.
You can choose for this to match either:
- Product brand in Vend
- Product supplier in Vend
3. If you have more than one outlet you'd like to link with Shopify you will need to setup multi-outlet inventory. To do this, follow these steps.
4. By default, your sales in Shopify will automatically be added to your Vend store, and update the available inventory. If you do not want your sales to appear automatically, untick this box.
This means your Shopify orders will only appear in Vend when you manually add them using the Get Shopify Orders button.
If you set this to off, and later turn it back on, you need to make sure you manually pull any final orders through.
Once you've saved the settings, your Shopify integration is live! From this point, there are a number of other things to set up, all at your own pace. Please read below for the next steps!
At this point, your Shopify account is now connected and ready for the next stages of the setup. Find below a list of the next things to get your Shopify integration up and running!