- Signing in to the Counter App
- Creating a Count in the Counter App
- Review and Approve your Count in Vend
To sign in to the Counter app using your Vend Account details follow the steps below:
1. Click the sign in link on the welcome screen, or if you've already used the app before, the Sign In to Vend button on the All Counts screen.
2. Next, enter your Vend store URL followed by the email/username and password you use to sign in to your Vend store.
3. Once this is done, all of your Vend store products will be synced to the Counter app and any future counts created in your Vend store or directly in Counter will be synced across.
To create an Inventory Count in the Counter App, click the + button in the top right corner of the screen.
Choose whether to Count Now or Schedule Count for a later date.
If you choose Count Now you will be asked to name the count and specify which outlet the count will be taking place in.
If you choose Schedule Count you will need to specify the future start date and time for this count.
Once you have made one of the above selections, you will then need to choose which products to include in your count. You can either choose to include All Products or Specific Products. If you choose Specific Products you can specify which products you'd like to include in the count by filtering by product supplier, brand, type, tag or SKU.
Click Start in the top right to start counting now or Save if you have scheduled this count for a later date.
Important: The first time you log in to Counter with your Vend Account, Counter will need to process a full sync of your products. This can take some time depending on the size of your product catalogue but will only need to be performed once.
To begin counting products use the in-app camera to scan a product barcode
OR search for the product manually using the search icon.
You can also manually input the quantity of a product by clicking on it from the list.
If you scan or search for a product that is not part of your planned count you will receive a warning message prompting you to either keep or remove the product from your count.
Once you have finished counting all your products, click Finish in the top right of the app. Your count will now be ready for review and approval in Vend.
Reviewing your count
Once your count is submitted, you'll need to review your counted items in Vend on a Mac or PC.
To do this, open Vend on your computer and navigate to Products -> Stock Control -> Inventory Count. Once here, find the in-progress count from the list.
Click this count and click review.
When you open the review page, you will see five tabs along the top:
- Unmatched: This lists all items that had a count greater or less than the expected amount. This includes items where you expected a negative amount and counted 0.
- Matched: This lists all items you've counted where the total counted equals the expected amount.
- Uncounted: This lists all items where the total counted is 0. This includes items with an expected count of 0.
- Excluded: Any items you manually exclude from your count.
- All items.
Review the items in your count, especially the unmatched and uncounted items. If you have discrepancies, you can:
Tick the box next to an item, and choose to exclude the item from the count, OR
Tick the box next to an item, and choose 'Recount items'. This will set the count for these items to zero, so you can count the items again.
Click 'Resume Count' at the bottom of the page, and count the items again.
Important: If you resume counting, the item will still show the quantity scanned so far. Use the 'Recount items' option on the Review page to reset to zero. Alternatively, on the count page, you can enter a negative quantity for that item in the quantity field to remove items, or to zero the inventory level for an item to start from scratch.
At the bottom of the page, you will see the overall unit gain and loss as well as the cost totals.
Once you've checked and confirmed your count, and are satisfied all items are accounted for, click 'Complete'.
Remember, don't do this until ALL of your staff have completed and saved their counts on their devices.
Note: If you have any uncounted items, we'll alert you, as the inventory count for these items will be set to 0 when you click submit.
Once you've clicked complete, the count will now show in the completed list in both Counter and Vend.
If you use the Counter app as a guest user (not signed in to your Vend account), your inventory counts, and product lists will not be synced between Vend and Counter. You will, however, be able to create and add new products as well as create inventory orders, transfers and returns and export them as CSV files.