To sign in to Scanner by Vend using your Vend Account details follow the steps below:
1. Click the sign in link on the welcome screen, or if you've already used the app before, the Sign In to Vend button on the All Counts screen.
2. Next, enter your Vend store URL followed by the email/username and password you use to sign in to your Vend store.
Just click on any existing counts shown in the Current view to get started OR, to create an Inventory Count in Scanner, click the + button in the top right corner of the screen.
Choose whether to Count Now or Schedule Count for a later date.
If you choose Count Now you will be asked to name the count and specify which outlet the count will be taking place in.
If you choose Schedule Count you will need to specify the future start date and time for this count.
Once you have made one of the above selections, you will then need to choose which products to include in your count. You can either choose to include All Products or Specific Products. If you choose Specific Products you can specify which products you'd like to include in the count by filtering by product name, supplier, brand, type, tag or SKU.
Click Start in the top right to start counting now or Save if you have scheduled this count for a later date.
The first time you start a count in Scanner, Scanner will need to process a full sync of your product database. This can take some time depending on the size of your product catalogue but will only need to be performed once.
To begin counting products use the in-app camera to scan a product barcode.
OR search for the product manually using the search icon.
You can also manually input the quantity of a product by clicking on it from the list.
Once you have finished counting all your products, click Finish in the top right of the app. Your count will now be ready for review and approval in Vend.
Reviewing your count
Once your count is submitted, you'll need to review your counted items in Vend on a Mac or PC.
To do this, open Vend on your computer and navigate to Products -> Stock Control -> Inventory Count. Once here, find the in-progress count from the list.
Click this count and click review.
When you open the review page, you will see five tabs along the top:
- Unmatched: This lists all items that had a count greater or less than the expected amount. This includes items where you expected a negative amount and counted 0.
- Matched: This lists all items you've counted where the total counted equals the expected amount.
- Uncounted: This lists all items where the total counted is 0. This includes items with an expected count of 0.
- Excluded: Any items you manually exclude from your count.
- All items.
Review the items in your count, especially the unmatched and uncounted items. If you have discrepancies, you can:
Tick the box next to an item, and choose to exclude the item from the count, OR
Tick the box next to an item, and choose 'Recount items'. This will set the count for these items to zero, so you can count the items again.
Click 'Resume Count' at the bottom of the page, and count the items again.
At the bottom of the page, you will see the overall unit gain and loss as well as the cost totals.
Once you've checked and confirmed your count, and are satisfied all items are accounted for, click 'Complete'.
Remember, don't do this until ALL of your staff have completed and saved their counts on their iOS devices.
If you have any uncounted items, we'll alert you, as the inventory count for these items will be set to 0 when you click submit.
Once you've clicked complete, the count will now show in the completed list in both Scanner and Vend.
To do so, sign into your Vend store on Scanner by Vend. Tap the barcode icon in the top right to scan the product barcode, or search for the product in the search bar.
Tap the product name to view the product inventory at each outlet, supply price and retail price, and description, tags, and supplier name.
Being able to fulfil Online Orders using the Scanner by Vend app for iOS devices gives you the freedom to optimise your store.
These are managed within the Fulfillment tab within Scanner, where you can pick/scan products to an order and mark them as packed or shipped.
For information on how to fulfill orders using the Scanner by Vend app, read our Order Fulfillment using the Scanner by Vend app guide.
You can use the Scanner app to receive stock orders and transfers.
Scan barcodes directly from your iOS device and ensure that you received what you ordered, catch supplier/outlet errors sooner and keep your inventory quantities accurate.
To receive stock orders and transfers:
- Tap Receive
- Select the Open or Sent Purchase Order that you are receiving
- Use your iOS devices camera to focus on the barcode to automatically scan each product you are receiving
You can click on the quantity amount beside the product you are receiving to manually enter a larger quantity.
- Tap Finish
- Sign in to Vend on Mac or PC
- Click Products
- Click Stock Control
- Select the order you are receiving
- Click Receive
- Confirm that the received amounts & supply prices are correct, then click Save and Receive to complete
- The purchase order and/or stock transfer must be finalized using Vend on Mac or PC.
- Only orders in Sent and Open states can be counted in the app.
- Orders containing Composite products cannot be counted in the app.
- When receiving using the Scanner app, only the product quantities can be adjusted, supply prices cannot be edited using the Scanner app.
- Multiple users can receive at the same time, but only via the Scanner app (i.e. do not add quantities via web and Scanner simultaneously).
When using the Scanner by Vend app for iOS, products that are not currently in your Vend Catalog can be added quickly, directly within the app without having to return to your office computer.
For steps on how to Add Product using the Scanner by Vend app for iOS, refer to our Add Product using the Scanner by Vend app for iOS guide.
Can I use Scanner by Vend without Signing in?
If you use Scanner as a guest user (i.e not signed in to your Vend account), your inventory counts, and product lists will not be synced between Vend and Scanner automatically.
You can however create inventory counts and add new products, then export this information as CSV files. This enables you to have multiple devices scanning at once.
The CSV files can then be used to create an inventory count as well as purchase orders, transfers and returns in Vend.