Setting up your triPOS Terminal
Before setting up Worldpay triPOS with Vend, you will need to power on your terminal and connect it to the internet. By now you should have received your Worldpay terminal. It will look like one of the following terminals below:
To connect your Worldpay terminal to the internet, follow the steps below:
1. Plug your terminal into a power source and check whether your terminal requires an ethernet cable connection or is WIFI enabled.
If you are using an ethernet cable, plug the ethernet cable from the terminal into a nearby router or switch.
The Ingenico iSMP4 is a WiFi enabled Worldpay terminal, follow the steps at this link to connect your terminal to your WiFi network.
2. Next, wait for the activation code to display on screen. Once the activation code appears on the screen, you will be ready to proceed. Make a note of this activation code as you will need it for later.
If the activation code does not display, then the terminal is not connected to the internet. Check to make sure that your ethernet cable is fully connected.
For security reasons, this activation code will refresh after 15 minutes, so be sure to recheck your terminal screen for the latest code when you come to pair this terminal with Vend.
If you have recently signed up with Worldpay, you will be able to access your Account Credentials through Worldpay iQ. To log in to Worldpay iQ and retrieve your account credentials, follow the steps in the Welcome letter that was sent to you by Worldpay or **follow the steps below: **
1. Login to Worldpay iQ using the link provided in your Worldpay Welcome Letter.
2. On the Welcome page, navigate to the side-bar and select Self Service.
3. On the next page, under Self Service, make sure Hierarchy Level is set to Merchant.
4. There are two parts to the next section. Either:
i. Your acceptor ID will automatically be entered into the "Enter a value or click + to look up" section. Select Search.
ii. If the field is not filled automatically, select the + to look your acceptor ID up.
- A Select an entity modal will open where you may search for your organisation. Click Select once you are done and your Acceptor ID will be filled into the field from the previous step.
- Select Search.
5. Scroll down to the next section and select Express Credentials. Here you will see your account credentials. Make a note of your Acceptor ID, Account ID, and Account Token as you will need these when pairing your terminal to Vend.
If you are an existing Worldpay customer, steps for retrieving your Account Credentials can be found in the dealer letter that was sent to you by Worldpay or in your Mercury View portal by following the instructions below:
1. Head to the Mercury Pay Portal.
2. Enter in your username and password.
3. This will take you to the Worldpay Mercury View page.
4. In the top right-hand corner, select Account Settings.
5. While on the Administrative Functions page, in the Express Credentials box, make sure that Vend-VAR is selected. Click Continue.
6. On this next page, you will find your Account Token, Account ID and Acceptor ID.
7. Head back into Vend to enter these into the corresponding fields in Vend.
Setting up the Worldpay Payment Type
Now that you have powered on and connected your Worldpay terminal, you are ready to set it up with Vend. To do this, follow the steps below:
1. First, Login to your admin user account for your Vend store on a Mac or PC.
2. Navigate to Setup -> Payment Types.
- If the Worldpay payment type is already listed on the Payment Types page, click to open it and skip ahead to step 4.
- If you do not yet have the Worldpay payment type listed on this page, click the Add Payment Type button and select Worldpay from the payment type drop-down.
3. Once on the new Payment Type screen, add a name for your terminal if you wish to do.
4. Scroll down and select Pair Register to Terminal
5. A dialogue box will appear. Choose which Vend register to pair this terminal to and then enter the Acceptor ID, Account ID, and Account Token (Account Credentials) you noted from the Account Credentials section above. Select Pair Register once all the fields are filled in.
6. On the next screen enter the Activation code you noted earlier, from your Worldpay terminal screen, into Vend.
Note: If you have an alternative payment processor to Worldpay, such as Chase, First Data, Global or TSYS, enter the Terminal ID. If you do not know where to find your Terminal ID, check out this article.
7. Once you have entered the Activation Code, and if needed Terminal ID, select Activate Terminal.
8. You will now be ready to take payments with your Worldpay terminal.
Taking payment with Worldpay
1. Navigate to the sell screen and process a sale as usual.
2. When presented with your payment options, select Worldpay.
3. Vend will connect to your payment terminal and allow your customer to pay for their transaction.
Note: If you cancel or your customer cancels the digital signing step, the terminal will print a receipt for your customer to sign.
If at any time you are unable to process payments on your terminal, you can still take payments with Worldpay and Vend by using a Virtual Worldpay Terminal. For more information on how to set up a Virtual Worldpay Terminal check out this link.
What are the triPOS URL and port requirements?
1. Allow outbound https port 443 traffic to https://tripos.vantiv.com
2. Allow TCP/IP (TLS1.2) traffic to port 9001 of https://device.tripos.vantiv.com
What do I do if the terminal does not display an activation code?
Validate that your connection to the triPOS Cloud service is not being blocked or restricted via the instructions below. If this does not work, head to the section below on What do I do if I receive an error when attempting to pair?. If it does work, follow the steps below
1. Open your internet browser and enter the following URL (use Cert or Production URL): https://device.tripos.vantiv.com:9001
2. This will start an SSL handshake with the triPOS Server on the port that terminals use.
3. You should get a pop-up window on your internet browser.
4. If you do not get this pop-up window it means traffic is being blocked somewhere and you are unable to initiate an SSL handshake on port 9001. Contact your IT person to help solve this.
What do I do if I receive an error when attempting to pair?
1. Validate that you entered in the appropriate Activation Code, which should begin with a “P” and followed by 6 numeric digits.
2. Ensure the date/time on the terminal are correct:
1. Reboot the terminal.
2. When the RBA information screen appears, type 2 6 3 4 ENTER.
3. Press F or + to get the Menu.
4. Press F for Menu.
5. Press 0 for Telium Manager.
6. Press 3 for Initialization.
7. Press 1 for Parameters.
8. Select Date and Time and press Enter.
9. Select Set Date and press Enter.
10. Restart terminal application by holding down the yellow Clear key and the minus key on the keypad.
1. Press 1+5+9 (all at the same time) and wait for the system mode password prompt.
2. The password is 1 6 6 8 3 2.
3. Press the Administration tab.
4. Press the Date/Time tab.
5. Adjust Date/Time to current local time, and press Apply.
6. Press Home tab and then press Reboot.
Worldpay terminals do not have a standalone mode.
Vend does not support Voice Authorisation transactions.