Setting up the TriPOS Payment Type
1. First, Login to your admin user account for your Vend store on a Mac or PC.
2. Next, navigate to Setup -> Payment Types and click the 'Add Payment Type' button.
3. Once here, select Vantiv TriPOS from the payment type dropdown and click 'Save Payment Type'.
4. On the next screen, you will see the Account Credentials section. Here you will need to enter the Acceptor ID, Account ID, and Account Token. The steps to retrieve your terminal ID can be found in the dealer letter that was sent to you by Vantiv.
Fill in all 3 of these sections and click Save Payment Type.
5. Once successful, you will be able to pair your payment terminal. To do this, click the Pair New Payment Terminal button at the bottom of the page.
Note: If you are planning to use a different payment processor with your triPOS terminal, such as Chase Paymentech or Heatland Payments, click here to follow the additional pairing steps.
6. A popup window will appear that will ask you to enter an Activation Code and select a register.
7. Once your terminal is powered on and connected to the internet, it will display an Activation Code. Input this into the Activation Code field in the popup window.
8. Next up, choose a register to pair this terminal with and click Pair Terminal. If you have another terminal to pair with another register, you may do this now.
Note: Make sure the register you pair with isn't already paired with an existing terminal.
Once this is successful, you will be ready to take payments with your TriPOS terminal.
Taking payment with Vantiv TriPOS
1. Navigate to the sell screen and process a sale as normal.
2. when presented with your payment options, select Vantiv TriPOS
3. Vend will connect to your payment terminal and allow your customer to pay for their transaction.
Note: If you cancel or your customer cancels the digital signing step, the terminal will print a receipt for your customer to sign.