Setting up your triPOS Terminal
Before setting up triPOS with Vend, you will need to power on your triPOS terminal and connect it to the internet. By now you should have received your Vantiv triPOS pinpad. It will look like one of the following pinpads below:
To connect your Worldpay triPOS terminal to the internet, follow the steps below:
1. Plug your terminal into power and check whether your triPOS terminal requires an ethernet cable connection or is WIFI enabled.
If you are using an ethernet cable, plug the ethernet cable from the terminal into a nearby router or switch.
If you are using the Ingenico iSMP4 as your triPOS terminal, follow the steps on your terminal to connect to your WIFI network.
2. Next, wait for the activation code to display on screen. Once the activation code appears on the screen, you will be ready to proceed.
Note: If the activation code does not display, then the terminal is not connected to the internet. Check to make sure that your ethernet cable is fully connected.
Setting up the triPOS Payment Type
Now that you have powered on and connected your triPOS terminal, you are ready to set it up with Vend. To do this, follow the steps below:
1. First, Login to your admin user account for your Vend store on a Mac or PC.
2. Next, navigate to Setup -> Payment Types and click the 'Add Payment Type' button.
3. Once here, select Worldpay triPOS from the payment type dropdown and click 'Save Payment Type'.
4. On the next screen, you will see the Account Credentials section. Here you will need to enter the Acceptor ID, Account ID, and Account Token. The steps to retrieve your terminal ID can be found in the dealer letter that was sent to you by Worldpay.
Fill in all 3 of these sections and click Save Payment Type.
5. Once successful, you will be able to pair your payment terminal. To do this, click the Pair New Payment Terminal button at the bottom of the page.
Note: If you are planning to use a different payment processor with your triPOS terminal, such as Chase Paymentech or First Data, click here to follow the additional pairing steps.
6. A popup window will appear that will ask you to enter an Activation Code and select a register.
7. Once your terminal is powered on and connected to the internet, it will display an Activation Code. Input this into the Activation Code field in the popup window.
8. Next up, choose a register to pair this terminal with and click Pair Terminal. If you have another terminal to pair with another register, you may do this now.
Note: Make sure the register you pair with isn't already paired with an existing terminal.
Once this is successful, you will be ready to take payments with your TriPOS terminal.
Taking payment with Worldpay triPOS
1. Navigate to the sell screen and process a sale as normal.
2. When presented with your payment options, select Worldpay triPOS.
3. Vend will connect to your payment terminal and allow your customer to pay for their transaction.
Note: If you cancel or your customer cancels the digital signing step, the terminal will print a receipt for your customer to sign.
If at any time you are unable to process payments on your terminal, you can still take payments with Worldpay and Vend by using a Virtual Worldpay Terminal. For more information on how to set up a Virtual Worldpay Terminal check out this link.
Worldpay terminals do not have a standalone mode.
Vend does not support Voice Authorisation transactions.