Note: If using Vend on iPad, please make sure to install the latest version of the Vend app from the App Store.
1. Creating the CommBank Payment Type in Vend:
To start taking payments on Vend using your Albert terminal you must first create the CommBank payment type in Vend. To do this, follow the steps below:
1. First, navigate to Setup -> Payment Types in Vend and click the Add Payment Type button.
Note: If you are using an iPad you must first navigate to Dashboard in the top left menu and click the Menu button before accessing Setup -> Payment Types
2. On the New Payment Type screen select CommBank from the Payment Type dropdown.
3. Once you've done this, Click the Save Payment Type button.
2. Installing the Vend App from the CommBank App bank
Now that you've added the Commbank payment type in Vend, you will need to Install the Vend app on your Albert terminal.
Before downloading Vend from the App bank however, you must first activate your App bank account on a web browser. To do this:
1. Find your App bank welcome email. In here, you will see an App bank URL that you will need to click. This URL will open a new internet browser window on the "Activate App bank" log on page.
2. On this page, enter the mobile number that is linked to your App bank account, then click Validate Your Details.
3. On the next page, enter your App bank user information, including a username and password, and click Submit.
Note: App bank usernames are publicly visible when posting or responding to comments on the App bank forum.
5. Once you have completed these steps, the App bank Merchant Home Page will appear.
You will now be able to navigate to the App bank app on your Albert terminal to download the Vend app. To do this:
1. Open the App bank app on your Albert terminal.
2. Next, search for Vend, and install the Vend app.
3. Once installed, open the Vend app on your Albert terminal. You should see a pairing code at the bottom of the page. Make a note of your pairing code as you will need it for the next step.
3. Pairing your Albert Terminal with Vend
With your unique pairing code on hand, you can now pair your Albert Terminal with Vend. To do this:
1. Go back to your Payments page in Vend and select the CommBank payment type you created earlier.
2.Once here, click the Configure your Albert with Vend button and follow the onscreen instructions to enter the pairing code code from Vend on the Albert terminal, and pair that device with a Vend register.
After completing these steps, you will be ready to take payments with Albert and Vend. You should see the following page in Vend on your Albert device to confirm that you are ready to take payments:
4. Taking Payments with the Commbank Payment Type
To take payments with the CommBank payment type, open the Vend Sell Screen and process a sale as normal. On the payment screen, choose the CommBank payment type as the customer's method of payment. This will automatically send the sale to your Albert terminal for payment processing.