From 15 January 2021, all Albert devices must be running version 1.4.3 of the Retail POS app. Previous versions will no longer function beyond this date.
For more information on how to update the Retail POS app on your Albert device, click here.
Retail POS supports Commbank's Albert payment terminal (pictured below). We do not support Commbank's Emmy or Essential payment terminals.
Installing the Retail POS App from the CommBank App Bank
Before installing the Retail POS app on your Albert terminal from the App Bank, you must first activate your App Bank account on a web browser. To do this:
1. Find your App Bank welcome email. In here, you will see an App Bank URL that you will need to click. This URL will open a new internet browser window on the Activate App Bank log in page.
2. On this page, enter the mobile number that is linked to your App Bank account, then click Validate Your Details.
3. On the next page, enter your App Bank user information, including a username and password, and click Submit.
App Bank usernames are publicly visible when posting or responding to comments on the App Bank forum.
5. Once you have completed these steps, the App Bank Merchant Home Page will appear.
You will now be able to navigate to the App Bank app on your Albert terminal to download the Retail POS app. To do this:
1. Open the App Bank app on your Albert terminal.
2. Next, search for Retail POS, and install the Retail POS app.
3. Once installed, open the Retail POS app on your Albert terminal. You should see a pairing code at the bottom of the page. Make a note of your pairing code as you will need it for the next step.
Creating the CommBank Payment Type in Retail POS and configuring your Payment Terminal
To start taking payments on Retail POS using your Albert terminal, you must first create the CommBank payment type in Retail POS. To do this, follow the steps below:
1. First, navigate to Setup -> Payment Types in Retail POS and click the Add Payment Type button.
If you are using an iPad you must first navigate to Dashboard by clicking on the Menu button in the top left before accessing Setup -> Payment Types
2. On the New Payment Type screen select CommBank from the Payment Type dropdown.
3. On the next page, edit the name of your payment type if you wish to do so.
4 Scroll to the Pair Payment Terminals section and select Connect a Terminal.
5. With your unique pairing code on hand, you can now pair your Albert Terminal with Retail POS. Click the Configure your Albert with Retail POS button and follow the onscreen instructions to enter the pairing code from Retail POS on the Albert terminal, and pair that device with a Retail POS register.
6. Once you've done this, Click the Save Payment Type button.
Taking Payments with the Commbank Payment Type
After completing these steps, you will be ready to take payments with Albert and Retail POS. You should see the following page in Retail POS on your Albert device to confirm that you are ready to take payments.
To take payments with the CommBank payment type, open the Retail POS Sell Screen and process a sale as normal. On the payment screen, choose the CommBank payment type as the customer's method of payment. This will automatically send the sale to your Albert terminal for payment processing.