With the new inventory movements view in Retail POS, you can view movements for each individual product as well as its variants, and easily identify potential reasons for discrepancies.
Accessing the Inventory Movements View
1. Navigate to Catalog > Products and locate the product you wish to report on, using the filters if necessary.
2. Click on the product to expand it and click View inventory movements.
3. You will then be taken to the inventory movement report for this product.
Using the Inventory Movements View
1. From here you can view inventory movements for things like stock orders, transfers, inventory counts, and sales that this product is involved in.
2. You can also filter this report by movement type and by date for a closer look at the product activity in your store.
Product changes such as edits to prices, product names, and descriptions will still be added to the current product history view, but all inventory movements will now be tracked in the above dedicated movements view.
Inventory movement will only track movement when inventory tracking is turned on, it won't show any previous movements if inventory tracking was turned off.
Where can I find the inventory on hand for this product?
1. To find the inventory on hand for an individual product, head to the reporting tab and select inventory reports.
2. Under Report type, select Product. Next, select On-hand inventory from the Measure dropdown menu and click Search on the right to filter by the product.