Verifone / EFTPOS NZ has undertaken technical changes to the integration with Vend.
The changes do not impact payment terminals already paired to your Vend account (both PC/Mac or iPad), however retailers with existing connections (after 1 September, 2021) will be contacted by Verifone / EFTPOS NZ to update your terminal.
Important: If you have an existing connection and have yet to be contacted by Verifone, please do not unpair your existing payment terminal using the trash icon (Setup -> Payment Types -> Your Verifone Payment Type)
Who can use Verifone New Zealand Payments
Verifone payments are available to retailers using:
- Vend on iPad App
- Vend for Mac and PC
All Verifone terminals on the Paymark network, including 3G devices (provided SIM has internet access available)
Add the Verifone Payment Type to Vend
This integration is for Verifone New Zealand ONLY. For information on payments solutions available in other regions, click here.
1. First, Login to your Account Owner user for your Vend store on your Mac or PC.
2. Next, navigate to Setup -> Payment Types and click Add Payment Type.
3. Select Vcloud from the payment type dropdown and click Begin Setup.
4. On the next page, rename your payment type as Verifone or leave it as the default.
5. Scroll to the Pair Payment Terminals section and click Pair a Terminal.
6. If prompted to sign in, sign in using your Account Owner user for your Vend store
7. On the Configure Vcloud modal, click Connect.
8. Next, enter your payment terminal's serial number. This is the 9 digit number located on the back of your terminal next to S/N:, then click NEXT.
Make sure you enter this serial number without the hyphens.
9. To confirm the pairing, a test transaction of $0.01 will be sent to the terminal. Confirm that this amount is shown on the terminal and click Yes. You may need to cancel this transaction on your terminal if not automatically cancelled.
10. Before completing the setup you must choose which register to associate this terminal with. Make sure you choose the primary register you'd like your Verifone terminal to be linked to as the terminal cannot be linked to more that one register at a time.
11. The terminal will now be paired. You can either click ESC to continue, or Pair Another Terminal to pair an additional terminal.
12. Once you're done and back on the Payment page, click Save Payment Type.
- If you are receiving this service through EFTPOS NZ we recommend reaching out to them directly in regard to queries or issues in relation to processing payments.
- VX820Duets: when integrating with a VX820Duet the Pin pad S/N should be used for integration.
- DHCP: when possible we recommend the use of DHCP when integrating through VCS as the integration is not dependent on the IP address.
When the service is used with 3G devices, a data provision of 8 to 10 MB over the normal usage will be required