Vend’s Shopify integration supports the Multi-location inventory feature in Shopify. When setting up Vend with Shopify, you can sync inventory from multiple Vend outlets to your associated locations in Shopify. You need to ensure that you have added the same number of locations in Shopify to be able to map inventory across.
- Once your Vend and Shopify accounts are connected, Vend becomes the system of record.
- You should manage your product catalogue, pricing and inventory information in Vend to ensure everything stays accurate and up-to-date.
- Shopify feeds important information back to Vend such as online sales, new customer or existing customer information associated with a sale, and inventory from a sale to keep stock levels in sync.
- Please click the following link for more on how to use the Shopify integration!
1. Shopify Locations needs to be enabled before you begin the set-up steps below. To ensure Shopify Locations is enabled, navigate Settings -> Locations in Shopify.
Click Enable inventory at locations and follow the prompts. You can ignore the Shopify warning for quantities being set to 0 as Vend will sync inventory over once you've completed the process below.
If your store location(s) is already displayed, can move on to step 2.
2. To enable multi-location inventory syncing within pre-existing Shopify integrations, you must first update your Vend app permissions.
To do this, navigate Setup -> Add-ons -> Shopify, click Get Started on the banner below and follow the prompts.
If the banner is not displayed in this section or you have not yet integrated with Shopify, skip ahead to step 3.
3. Find Shopify.
- If you have already setup Shopify, click the blue pencil icon button on the right.
- If you have not linked your Shopify store to your Vend store yet, click the Connect to Vend button in the Shopify Panel to get started.
4. In your Vend settings page for Shopify, you will see a section titled Sync Outlets & Inventory
5. In this section, select which outlets you wish to connect to Shopify then select which Shopify location you want to map inventory to.
The inventory of the outlet linked with the register you have chosen for your Shopify orders will always be included by default.
6. Click Save and head to your Shopify store.
Your inventory from these outlets will now be combined and displayed on the relevant products in your Shopify store!
If you are making updates to the Fulfillment statuses to orders in Shopify, these updated statuses will only be reflected to orders in Vend if the Automatic Updates is enabled (Add-ons > Shopify Settings page). If this is disabled, then any changes to the Fulfillment statuses in Shopify will not sync over.
Inventory will now be deducted in one of two ways:
- It will be deducted from the location that has sufficient inventory based on your fulfillment priority set up in Shopify (under Fulfillment Order); or
- If you offer Click & Collect, inventory will be deducted from the location that the shopper has selected during checkout.