When setting up Vend with Shopify, you can now combine and sync inventory from multiple Vend outlets and surface this on your Shopify store. You can select the inventory from one or more Vend outlets and make this available online for your customers to purchase.
Currently, Vend doesn't support the Multi-location inventory feature of Shopify.
To enable this option, follow the steps below:
1. In your Vend store, navigate to Setup -> Add-ons.
2. Once you are on the Add-ons page, find Shopify.
- If you have already setup Shopify, click the blue pencil icon button on the right.
- If you have not linked your Shopify store to your Vend store yet, click the Connect to Vend button in the Shopify Panel to get started.
3. In your Vend settings page for Shopify, you will see a section titled Sync Inventory Levels from These Outlets.
4. In this section, click the outlets whose inventory you wish to combine and sync to your Shopify store.
The inventory of the outlet linked with the register you have chosen for your Shopify orders will always be included by default.
5. Save these settings and head over to your Shopify store.
Your inventory from these outlets will now be combined and displayed on the relevant products in your Shopify store!
How is this stock combined?
While inventory from the selected outlets will be combined and surfaced online, in Vend inventory will always be reduced from the outlet whose register is linked to your Shopify store. A breakdown of this can be seen in the screenshot below:
In Shopify, Make sure you set "track inventory" to "on" for products that you are syncing with Vend. If inventory tracking on your Shopify products is turned off, inventory changes for these products will not be synced between Shopify and Vend.
Vend inventory will always be reduced from the outlet whose register is linked to your Shopify store, even though inventory from multiple outlets is combined and surfaced on Shopify. When an order is made in Shopify it is possible that the inventory sold could be more than the inventory actually available in the single outlet whose register is linked with Shopify. This will result in the outlet going into to negative stock. To resolve this and fulfil the order you will need to perform a stock transfer to shift stock from other outlets to the outlet you are fulfilling the order from.
Because Vend will combine and sync updated inventory levels to Shopify after every inventory movement, as soon as you send a stock transfer, inventory will be deducted from the outlet whose register is linked to Shopify. Only until the destination outlet receives this stock transfer, will the inventory be added back into Vend and Shopify. It is, therefore, advisable that you receive any sent stock transfers involving Shopify products as quick as possible to avoid any misrepresented stock totals in your Shopify store.